Monday 1 September 2014

September Challenge

Welcome to September. We hope you have had a lovely restful summer and are ready to do some crafting.

This month sees some massive fresh starts in my household with my 3 eldest children moving on a step in their lives to work/university/college so I went in search of a fresh themed moodboard for our September challenge and found this one via Pinterest  I'm loving those colours.


There will be a little prize of some flowers themed around this board drawn at random from all the entries received by 11pm GMT on 29th September.  The winner will be announced on 30th September.  Please enter via the inlinkz button below. As always you can enter any craft, we aren't just about papercraft, as long as it has been completed between 1st and 29th September 2014 and we can see how you have been inspired by the challenge.

Here is how our lovely design team were inspired:


                                                                  Astrid

Hi, I'm so glad that Kerry asked me to stay for another term, doing the happy dance :-) !!! For this mood board I was inspired by those pretty soft colors and flowers and decided to do a summer layout with it.




The vintage phone in the photo really spoke to me.  I vintagey stuff and the colors sort of felt vintage, too.  I used a lot of purple with the green, they compliment each other well.



I'm so happy to be back again, and what lovely inspiration to start off with! As I'm recently back from holidays I was inspired to use the colours and create a travel layout!






I've been using up some yarn by making blocks to eventually join into a blanket so made one reflecting the aqua and pinky purple in the picture. 



For my project I have created an Art Trading Card. I didn’t have much in my stash in the right colors so created most of what I used. I’m a collector of old things and the beautiful dancer I used as the main focal point is an old post card  which I digitally restored, and re-colored. Originally it was mostly brown. I also created the little starburst embellishment on the top left hand corner, the two brown backgrounds on the right side as well as the sentiment. The little angel is something I have been hanging onto for years, waiting for just the right project and this was it. :).

I decided to use the colours the moped image for my inspiration this month. I just love any shade of green with purple it looks fab. I'm really happy with the outcome of my card....hope you like it too x




Please add your link by clicking the inlinkz button.  Entry is open until 11pm GMT on 29th September and a winner will be drawn at random once entry closes and announced on 30th September.  Good luck











1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the challenge. Love the soft colors. Great creations frm the DT.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete