Tuesday 1 July 2014

July

Welcome to July.  We hope the summer is treating you well.

This month your inspiration is a photo I took at Burnham On Sea in Somerset last summer. I love how unusual and striking this lighthouse is.

As the ethos of the team has always been that crafting is primarily for fun this month there is no prize or link. We would love to see your creations though so feel free to comment on this post with a link to your project. 

Here is what our lovely design team have created

                                                                      Astrid

I was immediately inspired by the ligthouse. I had this lighthouse chipboard laying around, and colored it in the colors on the photo, for more texture I added some modeling paste at the bottom of the chipboard.This is my last post for The Craft Garden. It was a pleasure working on all these challenges and a big thanks to Kerry !!!

For this months challenge I used 3 10cms square canvases, suede thong, Americana paint by DecoArt, a sheet of scrapbook paper and the seagulls are a Stampotique stamp.



Shell
as soon as I saw this gorgeous photo, I remembered an image I had won a long time ago by Digi Darla. It's another of those haven't used ones....just loved this challenge & colouring in my image! I hope you will join in with us this month x





Eleni 

When I first saw the photo what inspired me was the layout, and colours of the lighthouse  in relation to everything else in the photo ... so I translated it like a sketch and created this:




Lisa

I was so inspired by the colors in the lighthouse, that's where this card came from.  Another challenge as I went masculine, but I'm happy with the outcome.






2 comments:

  1. Here is my creation:

    http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com/2014/07/whiff-of-joy-new-nautical-release.html

    Fantastic DT Creations! Love that inspiration photo too!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://honeyscardscrafts.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/lighthouse.html
    I made a tag xx

    ReplyDelete