Thursday 1 July 2010

July Challenge


My research about this month for inspiration led me to the birthflower for July which is either the Larkspur or the Waterlily. Nobody seems to be able to narrow it down so in searching for a picture of either a Larkspur or Waterlily I came across this wonderful image of the Larkspur Fairy.



Isn't she lovely?  This single picture made my mind up about the challenge for this month. 

Your challenge is FAIRY in whichever way you wish to interpret it. 

As usual you may enter any craft you like - cards, scrapbook pages, knitting, sewing, embroidery, crochet, whatever takes your fancy.  Entry is by inlinkz below and entries close at 23:59 GMT on 31st July 2010.

I will chose an entry at random after that date as the winner.  Good luck everybody and here are some more fairies as inspiration




From Etsy


Etsy again showing that fairies can be for boys too


and of course those make believe Cottingley fairies at the end of the garden


The prize this month is this issue of Magnolia Ink Magazine



The link is below to enter.

Now for the June winner. Random.org chose number 9




which is Lisa-Jane with this lovely entry



I actually never got around to sorting out the prize for last month so it is a £5 voucher for the shop.  Lisa-Jane if you can email me at craftgardenshop@aol.com I will provide you with the details of how to redeem it.


Speaking of the shop - the summer sale has started and will continue until the end of July.  All sale items are in the bargain basement section of the shop with some items starting from just 25p.  As always free postage on UK orders over £10 and just 90p on orders below £10. International postage is available. 



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fairies and great inspirational pictures! I have just the perfect stamp for this one so better get creating hehe!

    Well done Lisa-Jane on your win, she is one of my blogging buddies so I am really chuffed for her!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Larkspur Fairy is beautiful, hope she is available in rubba. I have two cards for your wonderful challenge on same post.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, absolutely gorgeous inspirations.

    ReplyDelete