Sunday 1 January 2012

January Challenge

Happy new year everybody.

Welcome to our first challenge of 2012.

The birth flower of January is the carnation. Carnations are generally monochrome so that is your challenge.

MONOCHROME = shades of the same colour.

I made four sets of three monochrome book print flowers for this month's prize so the randomly drawn winner at the end of the month will receive all 12 flowers pictured.






To enter your monochrome project into the randomly selected draw for this month please upload a link to a photo of it using the inlinkz button at the bottom of this post.  Entries are open until 23:59 GMT on 31st January 2012.

Here is what the amazing design team created:
I really wasnt sure what colour to use for this challenge, in the end I have gone for the gold/mustard look and I was lucky enough to have some great patterned paper which was the right colour. I inked the edges of my card and stamped the greeting in a dulled gold and used this colour to stamp some background swirls. I used Wow gold embossing glitter for the main image and finished off the stamped images with pearl gems. I dyed some plain ribbon using distress inks and pleated it holding it in place with a few stitches. I used some natural raffia to finish the card off.

I did a 12x12 Scrapbook page with shades of Blue/Grey, using some of the MME Lost & Found I range:

Photobucket





I've used the amazing new beautiful papers and CD's from Debbees CD's!! to create a cute friend bug note book!


I went with the cold shades of blue and some snowflakey papers


Kevin
I went with shades of Lemon


I pulled scraps of green pattern paper and ribbons to go with the green blanket in the photo. Great way to use up all those scraps I've been hoarding!!


I went with lots of pink tones for my wee 1st Birthday Box!
Perfect colours for a Birthday Princess







5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work by the DT. I look forward to seeing your work this year. Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great Job To All!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogsppot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this challenge and glad I found your blog. get time to enter as I he a little bit longer to do something too hugs Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is gorgeous. I'd love to have the flowers. hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog & glad i did...Thanks for a fantastic challenge & DT creations are stunning!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete